Join our Team.
Help us facilitate online democracy around the world, with an engaging online voting platform.
Freelance Business Development Manager
Location:Offsite, Dorset, United Kingdom
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Job TypeProfessional / Freelance
Technology InterestCollaboration, Demonstration Meetings, Business Development.
We are looking for a stand-out candidate to start our Business Development journey. The Business was launched in 2001 with growth plans to help more membership organisations during the year ahead and the Director is looking for an associate to come on board and help the company to expand further.
We are looking for someone who is able to work independently and turn their hand to a variety of Sales, Marketing and Admin related tasks.
As a freelance role, this opportunity is currently offered at 15 hours a week with the possibility to increase hours depending on the success of the candidate in the role.
The Freelance Business Development Manager will be responsible, primarily, for developing new business for the business but there will also be the need (from time to time) to work on existing client work and deputise for the Director.
There may also be the opportunity to “Account Manage” any new business brought on board by the business development executive. We therefore require a confident communicator who is comfortable dealing with prospective and existing clients across all channels but primarily LinkedIn, email and face to face over Zoom (for now) and possibly in person later this year
About the Company….Choice Voting is an online voting and democracy platform which helps clients to engage with their membership via online elections and surveys.
We help our clients, who are often membership organisations such as Trade Unions and political parties and Charities, to move from a traditional, and expensive paper and postal ballot operation, on to a cost effective, simple to use and engaging online voting platform. Our ideal candidate will have experience in at least one of these sectors, and will be able to demonstrate a proven ability to make the necessary contacts in those sectors.
The company is based in Poole, Dorset, All team members currently work from home so there is no need to be based in Dorset.
- Initiating dialogue and managing relationships with new prospective clients•Lead generation and inquiry to understand client needs
- Managing meeting scheduling and client requests
- Discovering and attending online networking events to represent the company
- Producing accurate, concise reports of opportunities for all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Producing client focussed marketing campaigns and presentations
- Identify and Creation and management of a social media schedule based on target sectors.
- Achievement of all KPI/Targets set by the Director
Skills we’re looking for…
- Previous experience of outbound sales campaign activity – “cold calling” experience – phone, email, social media
- Experience of or a general understanding of the use of LinkedIn as a prospecting tool
- General Commercial awareness
- A strong communicator – comfortable presenting clearly across email, phone and in face-to-face interactions
- Confidence and self-assurance, prepared to initiate conversations with new leads
- Flexibility – the ability to work on different projects/tasks
- Prior experience working independently and achieving goals
- An understanding, if not experience, of the B2B space and the needs of our customers
- Great time management and organisational skills
- Presentation writing skills – confident use of Powerpoint •The ability to work on different projects across different systems eg Google Workspace
- Previous experience of Account Management and Customer Service
- Experience of using Zoom/Microsoft Teams etc to present and close opportunities
- Previous experience of Pipedrive or other CRM systems
- Previous experience or a basic understanding of email mailing list creation
- Experience or a basic understanding of social media management
- Previous experience of Trello
- Previous experience of Slack
As a freelancer you will be responsible for your own tax etc.Please note this a virtual role and you must have your own consistent broadband and access to a quiet environment from which to work as you may be required to make and receive zoom calls with external clients.
You will require your own PC/Laptop and mobile phone although most phone communication will be conducted over Zoom or using our VOIP software and therefore minimal, if any, costs should be incurred.
This role is currently required for 10 hours a week, at a rate of £15 an hour – ideally 2 hours each day from Monday to Friday but this is negotiable for the right candidate.
There is also the option to earn 10% commission any new business brought in by the candidate
Apply for Freelance Business Development Manager