Join our Team.
Help us facilitate online democracy around the world, with an engaging online voting platform.
PHP Laravel Developer
Location:Offsite, Work From Home - Dorset Based preferred.
Area of InterestPHP Laravel Developer, Tailwind, Livewire, API development
Job TypePermanent / Full-time
Technology InterestCollaboration, product ownership, Page builders, online voting, API development.
We are looking for a stand-out candidate to continue our PHP Laravel Development journey.
The Business was launched in 2001 with growth plans to help more organisations during the year ahead and the Director is looking for a Marketing Executive to come on board and help the company to expand further.
We are looking to recruit a PHP Laravel Developer with Strong PHP Laravel coding skills required.
If you are a passionate, PHP & Laravel Developer, and want to work for a Company who is all about Tech, forward thinking and entrepreneurial, this could be the role for you.
The role is diverse, providing the perfect opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the softwares functionality, with a particular focus on ensuring the product meets an ease of use criteria.
Whether you are Junior or Mid-Level, we are keen to chat with you.
You’ll need to be brimming with drive and ambition and have great literacy and numeracy skills. A good sense of humour is a must, as well as a creative and open-minded approach, a willingness to contribute, and a commitment to deliver outstanding results.
You’ll be creating fabulous OOP code using the MVC frameworks such as Laravel, as well as bug fixing some older legacy applications.
The door is always open for fresh ideas and creative thinking.
You will also have the opportunity to carve out your own areas of specialism.
- Continue our strategy of building the most user friendly and accessible voting platform available today.
- Develop code and functionality that meets the needs of the company and our clients.
- General DevOps skills
- Working with Linux (Ubuntu)
- Working with terminal.
- Knowledge on DNS and domain management
- Knowledge of SSL
- Bootstrap & tailwind CSS
- Managing aspects of security from server to application.
- Keeping everything lean and efficient
- Backing up data.
- GDPR Compliance
- Ensure code and ecommerce framework is well architected, secure, robust and scalable
- Fix bugs and provide QA testing
- Develop integrations with 3rd party API's
- Meet project deadlines
To be considered, we would expect you to be able to demonstrate tangible achievements in a development role, with a focus on security and performance.
What we are looking for:
- Laravel 5.8, ORM, SASS, Livewire & VueJS
- API interfacing SOAP/RES
- AWS (S3, SES) knowledge essential
- GIT Version Control knowledge essential
- Encryption techniques.
- MySql database.
- Experience using page builders
- Experience with CSS (Bootstrap & Tailwind) turning design ideas into a working application.
- Agile Product Owner experience
- Strong Communication
- Keen to learn and develop
- Genuine desire to work and progress
Non essential experience that will give you an advantage
- Native App Development (iOS, Android)
- Team Leadership
- Proven entrepreneurial background.
What we are offering:
- Flexibility with home working
- Flexitime hours
- Flexibility to allow for home / family commitments
- Annual holiday entitlement - 24 days minimum + Bank Holidays
- An extra day off on your birthday.
- The opportunity to make a difference working in a trusting environment.
- A unique experience in being trusted to put your own ideas into a working product.
- Social events including monthly staff lunch, parties and events.
Hours: Permanent - Full time.
About the Company….
Choice Voting is an online voting and democracy platform which helps clients to engage with their membership via online elections and surveys.
We help our clients, who are often membership organisations such as Unions, political parties, Charities and schools to move from a traditional, and expensive paper and postal ballot operation, on to a cost effective, simple to use and engaging online voting platform.
The company is based in Poole, Dorset.
All team members currently work from home, with occasional meetings at our Poole Office.
We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Apply for PHP Laravel Developer